Help - M-Audio Firewire interface running with Big slur

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Hiroshi, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Hiroshi

Hiroshi

Hello everyone,

I’m new here, so hope I’ve posted this in the right place and I’m not braking any rules,

tl;dr - Can I get an M-audio profile 2626 working with mac running Big Slur?

Quite a few years I brought an M-audio Profire 2626 audio midi interface knowing it was no longer supported by m-audio.

There was an easy (yet not ideal) way to get it working on high sierra by installing the latest pro fire firmware, and the rebooting in recovery more, disabling ‘sip’ on the Mac, and then it would work kind of fine (if you ever knocked the fire wire lead or pulled it out accidentally, the computer would crash).

I now have a 2015 Mac book pro running big slur, and I can’t install any appropriate drive. There is an error saying something about the hardware is incompatible (because of its age the fire wire and the).

The setup is…

Mac Book Pro 2015, M-Audio Profire 2626, 6pin FW 400 lead coming from interface, to 6 pin FW 400 to 9 pin FW 800 Adaptor. The 9pin 800 FW Adaptor then goes into a The 9pin 800 FW to Mini DisplayPort Thunderbolt 1 & 2 adaptor.

Does anyone have a solution? Or an avenue I could investigate?

It would be a real shame to se it go as its seems as its a good bit of kit with lots of channels. I couldn’t afford something similar these days.

Thanks for listening!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    Hiroshi, Dec 31, 2021
Ask a Question