Help selecting bluetooth receiver

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Robertstandem, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Robertstandem

Robertstandem

Hi All
    Please excuse my ignorance but I am looking for a DAB receiver that includes a Bluetooth transmitter and I am not sure what exactly I should look for in the spec.
    eg One spec stated ""Bluetooth SBC/AAC"" does this define what I need? (Yamaha RX-AS710D)
    Lots of units state "Bluetooth" but they only RECEIVE sound from iPods etc so are not what I am looking for.

I have severe hearing loss and use an Oticon "Connect-line Streamer" This device pairs with any Bluetooth unit such as a mobile phone or MP3 player and allows me to hear sounds transmitted directly to my hearing aids. I am hoping to find a receiver that will also do this.

Chris

Robertstandem, Dec 12, 2015
  2. Robertstandem

andyr

Another option is to get a conventional DAB receiver but then also buy a Miccus "Home RTX" Bluetooth unit.

This is a very small device which either acts in 'transmit' or 'receive' mode (in your case, 'transmit'), takes the RCA feed from your DAB receiver (L+R) and sends it out using Bluetooth v2.1. In fact, I would think you don't actually need a DAB receiver ... what is ideal for you is just a DAB tuner - which is designed to send its output to a preamp (which then feeds a power amp which drives the speakers). You won't be listening to speakers ... or, rather, the speakers you will be listening to are your hearing aids! :)

I use 2 of these RTX units (1 unit set to transmit, the other set to receive) to transmit the signal from my satellite TV box to my preamp, so I can listen to my TV through my hifi system. They work perfectly!

Contact Thomas at Miccus ("[email protected]") who should be able to confirm whether the RTX unit is compatible with the version of Bluetooth your hearing aids use - and also tell you where you can buy it from.

Good luck,

Andy

andyr, Jan 4, 2016
  3. Robertstandem

Robertstandem

I think the Bluetooth plugin device would give me more options.
    Thanks for the link.

Robertstandem, Jan 10, 2016
Ask a Question