Help to identify speaker brand

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Iaino, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Iaino

Iaino

[​IMG]

Hi I am looking to purchase a set of speakers please see attached the seller has these listed as monitor audio but I'm a little dubious due to lack of information.

Can anyone help out ?

Iaino, Jul 5, 2017
  2. Iaino

crg925

Possibly a pair of Triangle speakers, French manufacturer been around 30+ years. It definitely isn't the Monitor Audio logo.

crg925, Jul 7, 2017
  3. Iaino

jsrtheta

Those are not Monitor Audio. On the older models, the back plate would say "Made in England." On newer models, it would at least say "Monitor Audio."

Maybe Triangles, but their speakers prominently state on the back, in writing, that they are Triangles.

jsrtheta, Aug 2, 2017
  4. Iaino

leaudiophile

Hi it doesn't have to say the make on the back, but their is no serial numbers. The triangle in a circle on the front tells you that they are definitely made by triangle. Google it and the same image will show up In the search.
    Thank you.

leaudiophile, Aug 3, 2017
  5. Iaino

jsrtheta

Two things: I have never seen a Monitor Audio speaker that didn't have their name on the back plate. Older models had the model name, number and serial number on a sticker (left and right serial numbers are the same), and still had "Monitor Audio" on the back plate.

Thing Two: I've seen a lot of Triangle speakers, but none like that. They have used that logo on printed material, but I've never seen it on the front or back of any speaker, at least not without being part of a nameplate, not just by itself. Googling images, I found nothing to refute that.

But the OP at least knows they're not MA speakers now.

jsrtheta, Aug 3, 2017
Ask a Question