Help with audio system set up

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Zoa, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Zoa

Zoa

Hey guys, I'm setting up an audio system in my room, and trying to see what are my options.

1. I have 2 monitors that act as my Left and Right output source + Headphones.
    2. I have 4 Inputs sources: Left and Right from my PC + Left and Right from my TV.
    3. I want to be able to play audio from one of the input sources to the speakers
    and the other to the headphones (and be able to easily change them as I see fit)
    4. Ideally I want to be able to play audio from the TV to the speakers and/or headphones even if the PC is turned off.

Can you guys share your opinions on the options I have to set up such system?
    I know one of the options can be a simple purchase of a mixer, but I think it's big, expensive and I have no need for the extra features, Ideally, all I'm looking for is an audio hub that can change the signal flow of inputs to outputs via presets/the flick of a switch.

Zoa, Feb 11, 2023
  2. Zoa

lawrence001

You'll get better quality using the digital outputs of your PC (usb, some better soundcards have coax or optical) and TV (probably optical). So you should buy a DAC/Pre/Headphone amp.

I like Audio Gd but most people are ok with Topping and SMSL, and they make some good value stuff or higher quality if you want to spend more. Just make sure it has the inputs you need and the required RCA or XLR variable out for the monitors (which I am assuming are powered or you'd have asked for amp recommendations) and headphone jack.

lawrence001, Mar 8, 2023
Ask a Question