I passed my driving test today :)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tenson, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Tenson

Dev Moderator

Quirky? You're perhaps too young to remember the DS, GS, CX, SM etc. Now they were quirky. IMO, Citroens became normal after Peugeot bought the them. Having said that I like the C6 and the new Metropolis (hopefully it'll make it into production).

Dev, Apr 30, 2010
  2. Tenson

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

The problem is cars like the C6 only make sense second hand or if you plan to keep it for 20 years. New buyers know this so C6 are hard to find.

I think the 90;s was the bland era. Cars like the ZX were a joke. A decent car but just looked so bland.

amazingtrade, Apr 30, 2010
  3. Tenson

mr cat Member of the month

I thought you were buying a new car a while back...? - forget what kind now, a fiat..?

I used to have a pug 306rx (450 miles to a tank, petrol) lovely little car (my first too)...until I wrote it off... :(
    almost bought another, then recently saw a nice 206(?) diesel - but was over budget...

2nd hand cars are overpriced just now...

mr cat, Apr 30, 2010
  4. Tenson

Tenson Moderator

I don't really see how anyone can dislike good modern diesels (something with an ECU) so maybe he should try one. Since ECUs were put in them they are quieter and smoother running. If you have one with a turbo bolted on then they are as quick as the petrols too.

Having had mine tuned up it is as quick as the GTI, but gets better mpg, and with a heavier weight on top of the front wheels it should go round corners better too :)

Tenson, Apr 30, 2010
  5. Tenson

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Yep not sure when I am getting it but some time in May I was told. It is just a basic Panda 1.1 but 56mpg, insurance group 1, £30 a year tax means it will cost me no more than my ten year old superminis have done and I have the pleasure of it being all mine (i.e no previous owners). After the head gasket went on my Corsa I just decided enough was enough.

A very simple 8v FIRE engine too and the Panda has a much better cooling system than the older Puntos so head gaskets are not a problem on the Panda. It always scores very highly in the reliability survey. Its not the most comfortable car but its only for short journeys.

My dads never had a diesel so I think that is why he is so against them but they are also more expensive to buy.

amazingtrade, Apr 30, 2010
Ask a Question