Interest Check - Berning ZH270

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Parkandbike, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Parkandbike

Parkandbike

Sorry, but not available at present.

I'm not sure of the etiquette for "interest checks", but I am toying with the idea of moving on my Berning ZH270. This is not because I am in any way unhappy with it, but there is a possibility of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity which would make it redundant. If the o-i-a-LT opportunity did not come off, I certainly not want to sell it. Normally these amps are so sought after that I'd simply advertise it assuming it would sell and start exploring the other option, but times are hard and I don't want to waste the other guy's time if I'm unlikely to be able to proceed.

That's a long-winded way of saying if you might be interested, send me a pm. I'm not out to start a bidding war as there seems to be a going rate among those that know about this amp, but I would like to have an idea as to whether the credit crunch has killed this market.

Someone will say can we have pictures, but it looks like a ZH270. I'll happily send some if anyone is interested

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2008
    Parkandbike, Oct 28, 2008
  2. Parkandbike

jonnypsvinyl

Not interested personally, but if you helps you in any way I have just bought a Berning, and there are at least four in the market at the moment - and some of these have been around for a bit I think.

So, I would'nt assume that it will be an easy sale! If it helps, I paid £2.5k for mine, which has all the upgrades (silver wiring, stepped attenuator etc).

jonnypsvinyl, Oct 30, 2008
  3. Parkandbike

shahsy

And the price is?

s

shahsy, Oct 31, 2008
  4. Parkandbike

SteveC PrimaLuna is not cheese

Could be interested, but does the RF business inside interfere with wireless networks? Virtually all my music is streamed these days, from a box that would be about a meter away from the amp.

SteveC, Oct 31, 2008
  5. Parkandbike

Robbo

No it doesn't. At leasnt not in my experience at home.

Johnny, Nothing is an easy sale at the moment!

Robbo, Oct 31, 2008
  6. Parkandbike

Parkandbike

Sorry the cat chewed through my laptop charger yesterday, so I have only just seen these posts (honest!)

Jonnypsvinyl: Thanks. I know a few have been advertised and that times are difficult. On the other hand the $/£ exchange rate has worsened so importing from the US is no longer as attractive. . I have not got the stepped-attenuator, but it has the other upgrades and better valves. If no one is interested, I won't be heart-broken – far from it! I have had an expression of interest from the middle-east, but clearly that would need some thinking through.

Shashy: As I said in the earlier post, I'm not sure I will be selling yet, so it I'm not ready to make a final call on price. However, we a quick search shows the range in which these have been selling. I should say that this would not be a fire sale. It more like moving house: if I can sell and buy for a reasonable differential, I'll do it, if not, I'll stick. The price I would be prepared to sell at is to some extent determined by what I'll have to pay to replace it ($/£ again).

SteveC: It does not seem to interfere with my wireless set up for the computers around the house nor to interact with the wireless phone. Incidentally I'm using it with a Music First TVC and think it's a great combo. However if you have only 1 or 2 sources and are not using active bi-amping (as I am), you can us the internal attenuators (not stepped in this unit) and by-pass the TVC. I can't comment about the differences as I have not tried.

Robbo: Exactly!

All: Thanks for your comments and your patience with my vagueness. I was far more decisive in acquiring the Berning, but I still have the amp it replaced and also the amp that that previously replaced and I can't justify an attic full of amps! I'm not sure I will be able to acquire the replacement units and will post on here if there are developments.

Parkandbike, Oct 31, 2008
  7. Parkandbike

Tim F

And the price was?

Tim F, Oct 31, 2008
  8. Parkandbike

Parkandbike

see above

Parkandbike, Oct 31, 2008
  9. Parkandbike

Parkandbike

Not Available

Apologies to those who expressed possible interest, but I'm told the amp I was interested in is not available for purchase at the moment. Hence I'm hanging on to my ZH270 and will re-list it if and when the situation changes.

Current time is 07:40 am

Parkandbike, Nov 1, 2008
Ask a Question