Interest check: Leak Stereo 20

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by la toilette, Jun 30, 2009.

1. la toilette

la toilette Downright stupid

I've got one of these I'm thinking of selling.

Good condition - not mint but better than most, just a bit of scuffing of the paint to one corner of one transformer, and a few hairline scratches IIRC. Gold colour. Will post pics tonight.

Has had all the caps replaced by pro repair guy using complete set supplied by Classique Sounds in Leicester (paper in oil I think). Phono sockets replaced with shiny new gold plated ones, and new speaker terminals installed that accept banana plugs or unterminated wire. I have the original power supply caps in case the colour of the new ones offends (they're blue, the original ones are gold). Still has original power socket and comes with appropriate power lead. No suggestion of overheating anywhere, and runs without getting especially hot with no pops or crackles at all :).

I've hardly used it since having this work done, and although it sounds pretty damn good I already have another amp and I'm generally heading in a different direction, away from valves.....
    No guarantee offered as I've only used it for about 12 hours since I've had it sorted, and only the caps have been done, no resistors changed (I don't think anyway).

Comes with some original paperwork - circuit diagrams and press releases, inspection tag etc.

Looking for £450 (firm). Collection preferred, from BA21 5TF, and you can listen to it first through my Tannoy Golds.

Will post at cost if necessary, at buyers risk.

la toilette, Jun 30, 2009
  2. la toilette

Could include my rather humble but functional diy passive preamp with stepped attenuator for an extra £20, if you need a preamp to go with it.

Pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheaper than most on ebay, and probably lovelier ;).

la toilette, Jul 1, 2009
  3. la toilette

Dev Moderator

Now why did you want to do that! I was trying so hard not to look.

I really loved this amp. It worked well with my Tannoys.

Dev, Jul 2, 2009
  4. la toilette

Ah yes, Tannoys and Leaks do seem to get on very well.

Go on Dev, treat those D700's, or was it SRM10b's (?), it would be nice to know it was going to a good home :D.

la toilette, Jul 2, 2009
  5. la toilette

Dev Moderator

I have both. A Rogue Stereo90 drives the D700s and an old Luxman L31 (?) drives the SRM10bs. I had an opportunity to buy Ian's (Sideshowbob) Leak S20 but I have too many amps already. Good luck with the sale anyway.

Dev, Jul 2, 2009
  6. la toilette

Now comes with free passive pre! Last chance before I stick it up for sale elsewhere.

la toilette, Jul 4, 2009
Ask a Question