Interest check: LP12/ARO/ARMAGEDDON

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by flyfisher, Jun 6, 2009.

1. flyfisher

flyfisher Flyfisher

I may possibly have for sale my LP12/ARO/ARMAGEDDON/CHERRY WOOD PLINTH NOW SOLD

My LP12 was completely rebuilt by Peter Swain at Cymbiosis in January 2007, a new Cherry wood plinth was supplied and I stood with Peter whilst he took for ever to rebuild the LP12 to his satisfaction.

In the rebuild process he supplied and fitted the Naim Armageddon PS (Serial No 241xxx) & installed the Cirkus upgrade

In March 2007 he fitted my Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua Cartridge and also checked over the LP12 to ensure was in fine shape

In June 2007 he fitted the Linn Trampolin.

I have all the original packaging for the LP12 (both boxes) the ARO, and the Armageddon, and all the manuals as well.

How does it sound…. Very very good!

But please don't take my word for it, and I am sure that Martin at Midland Audio Exchange won't mind me copying his comments from that fishy media forum.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64291

“Flyfisher's LP12 is one of those 'Ah, so THAT's how they should sound' Linns... If they all sounded as good, the TT market would be a very different place

I'm a big fan of the Amadeus; it's a really fine TT regardless of price. However, on the day, the problem wasn't that the Amadeus was bad... rather, it was the LP12 that sounded so bloody good. I'd happily put Flyfisher's LP12 up against ANY TT out there... it's just an incredibly enjoyably thing to listen toâ€Â.

I am looking for £2,200 and will deliver the all the above within 50 miles of Cheltenham/Gloucester

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2009
    flyfisher, Jun 6, 2009
  2. flyfisher

reinier32

My goodness, what a bargain.
    If i did'nt already have a setup like yours i would buy it right now!

reinier32, Jun 6, 2009
  3. flyfisher

flyfisher Flyfisher

STILL FOR SALE

Unfortunately the buyer through a change in his personal circumstances with his own turnatble, is no longer able to complete the transaction, so this great LP12 set up is still for sale.

I actually know the buyer who has explained all to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2009
    flyfisher, Jun 7, 2009
  4. flyfisher

GaryY

Just by way of explanation so anyone looking at this turntable does not think anything is in any way wrong as it will be re-advertised, i would like to point out that Roger the seller kindly reserved the T/T for me, however i am unable now to take it due to an email i just received from Audio Origami declaring the bearings to be ok on a recently purchased Linn ittok and Lp12 from a dealer. As was previously thought, and in fact confirmed by another dealer, the bearings were faulty, but just turned out to be a sticky downforce spring.

I am sorry to have caused Roger to re advertise, but just to say again that NOTHING is wrong and i'm sure whoever buys this T/T will be delighted.

Regards,
    Gary.

GaryY, Jun 7, 2009
Ask a Question