Interest check: PF modded X-Can v2

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by jtc, Nov 15, 2005.

1. jtc

jtc

Hi folks.

I'm doing a bit of a check to guage the interest in a PinkFloyd modified X-Can v2. PF is the guy whose site (link) is dedicated to getting the most out of headphone amps. He completely rebuilt my X-Can v2, uprated all capacitors, new volume pot & assembly, Mullard NOS 6922 tubes, vents on the top and rear for cooling and a custom, dedicated external PSU (better than the X-PSU as I had one and sold it on hearing this).

I'm wondering about £350 for the lot - after all, this may have started out as a stock X-Can v2, but now it is in a completely different league altogether, including many hours of work by PF on both X-Can and the custom PSU. Here's a pic of my amp from PF's site:

[​IMG]

(doesn't show the PSU)

I'm thinking of selling because I really don't use it enough. Having just spent a small fortune on speakers I could do with releasing some cash.

PM if interested.

jtc, Nov 15, 2005
Ask a Question