Interest check - RadFord WS1 CD Player

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by KimKo, Oct 22, 2009.

1. KimKo

KimKo

I have bougth this CDP from Ebay with the following description:

"Radford / Woodside Electronics WS1 CD Player

Classic Audiophile CD Player from the 1980's, when it cost £1000!.

See here for review by Ken Kessler: http://hometheaterreview.com/-radford-wscd1-cd-player-reviewed/

This item was, at some time, modified slightly in search of the ultimate in sound quality: The power on/off switch has been discarded & by-passed & the CD-tray has been painted green!

The unit has not beed used for some years and needs some attention to the CD drawer mechanism because it often refuses to open.

However, before posting for auction, it was fully checked and is working & sounding fine...one the drawer opened!.

Cosmetically it is in good condition.....apart from the green drawer!"

The drawer is better now. The CDP reads Original CDP's, but have some problems with some CD-R. I already clean up all Laser mechanism and it is better now.

The electronics parts are on very good condition.

This is a CDM1 MKII, if anyone keep the CDP and change the transport with a newer CDM1 MKII or CDM4/11 i think the problem of drawer and CD-R will be fixed.

I also have bougth 2 x LME49710 Audio Opamp - Single version of LM4562, but din't swap yet.

£250 - the price don't have to be this one, of course i'm sensible to offers or swap with Arcam Diva CDP.

The CDP is in Portugal. For more informations or Pics, please send me PM or [email protected].

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
    KimKo, Oct 22, 2009
  2. KimKo

KimKo

This is a good project for somenone o know electronic's. Last night it played an original CDP without any problem... but sometimes not.

I payed 180Euros, so i'm loking for it OVNO.

I can send my paypal user to any intererst person see my feedback.

KimKo, Oct 23, 2009
  3. KimKo

KimKo

Anyone???

KimKo, Oct 26, 2009
Ask a Question