Interest Check - Shengya/Vincent T100 Hybrid Valve/SS 100W Monoblocks

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Woodnut, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Woodnut

Woodnut

Hello,

I am soon going to be in the market for a valve amplifier and would like to sell my current mono block power amplifiers to add a bit more to my budget.

They are Shengya/Vincent T-100 hybrid valve - solid state 100 watt amps.
    They have had isolation cones fitted with very small isolation discs that the cones sit in. I also have a few extra valves that I bought to try tube rolling. I have the original boxes and packaging but no manual.

Here are a few links that may be of interest.

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/vincent_spt100.htm

http://www.hifigear.co.uk/vincent-sp-t100-hybrid-mono-amplifier-pair.html

http://www.vincent-tac.de/en/product-types/poweramplifier/sp-t100.html

From what I understand Shengya and Vincent are one and the same, Vincent being the brand name for Europe and Shengya for Asia. Shengya and Vincent are made in China I believe.

I have had these for nearly two years and actually bought them after seeing the advert on this very forum.
    See this thread

I am the third owner of these amps and paid £650 for them in October 2008.

HOWEVER -

There is an intermittent problem with one of the mono blocks that I have lived with for the majority of the two years, that it showed itself a few months after I got them.

When the problem occurs, the sound from the monoblock cuts in and out or slightly breaks up.

There are two selector switches on each mono block as two speakers can be driven from each monoblock. The buttons are labeled A and B and relate to the two terminals around the back of the amplifier. I have found that deselecting the speaker terminal and then reselecting it corrects the sound. I have tried using both the terminals on the monoblock with the issue and this hasn't had any effect on the problem.

The issue tends to happen at the start of a listening session and usually the deselecting and reselecting of the terminal corrects it first time. It doesn't happen every session and I can go many sessions without it happening. Sometimes it may happen more than once in a session. You probably get the idea it is an intermittent fault.

As stated I have lived with the problem for quite a while and have got used to it despite it irritating me. Over the two years it appears to have got a bit more frequent but not significantly so. Due to the weight of the amps and the intermittent nature of the problem I have not taken them to an engineer to look at.

The actual sound of these amps is fantastic and I honestly think that I going to have to be careful to not to end up taking a backwards step with whatever replaces them. My main reason for replacing is that I really want to try a non hybrid all valve amplifier in my system.

It may be that the problem is easy to fix or perhaps it is something bigger I cannot say. I am interested and open to any comments anyone may have and any potential offers or suggestions. It may be that their value to any potential buyers, given the above, may be so low that it is not worth me moving these on given that they still sound great in my system.

I am shortlisting some amps to go and hear and won't be buying anything for at least 3 weeks but I wanted to put this out there to see whats what.

Many thanks for reading such a long ramble!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2010
    Woodnut, Oct 24, 2010
  2. Woodnut

Woodnut

Once I have found a replacement amp I will be open to any offers on these...

Could be good stop gap amps if you are prepared to live with the irritation for a while or if you are good at repairing amps or know someone who is they could be a real bargain.

Thanks.

Woodnut, Oct 26, 2010
  3. Woodnut

Woodnut

I am thinking around £200 if anyone is interested?

I don't want to sell just yet as I am still using them in my system regularly. I haven't found a replacement yet but am shortlisting some amps to go and listen to.

May be in a position to buy around middle to end of August depending on funds and finding an amp that I want.

I can demo the amps working and perhaps even show the issue if it shows itself.

Thanks.

Woodnut, Oct 28, 2010
  4. Woodnut

Chris Davies

These still going then ?

Chris Davies, Oct 28, 2010
  5. Woodnut

Woodnut

Hello yes, no interest so far!

They aren't actually up for sale just yet I am just finding out if there is any interest. I want to sell them once I have found a new amp or am at least close to finding one.

I don't want to be too long without any amplification if I can help it.

I will probably be in a position to buy mid to end of November although I am still shortlisting amps to listen to at the moment.

I take it you have read the first post regarding the fault? Hence the reason for the low price I expect for these. I want to leave room for someone to be able to pay to get it looked at and still consider it a good deal. The problem may be easily corrected but I don't have enough technical knowledge on these things to say for sure.

Woodnut, Oct 28, 2010
  6. Woodnut

Chris Davies

Yes i read about the fault and thats why i would like a play with them - will make for a bit of learning !

Let me know as and when you decide to part with them please

Chris Davies, Oct 29, 2010
  7. Woodnut

Woodnut

Provisionally Sold

Woodnut, Nov 4, 2010
Ask a Question