Jasmine Flower (Guitar Ensemble)

Discussion in 'Classical Music' started by burnabyguitar, Oct 15, 2022.

1. burnabyguitar

burnabyguitar

Jasmine Flower (Guitar Ensemble)
    Traditional Chinese Song

Arranged for the upcoming SCGS Annual Holiday Fundraising Concert 2022

Jasmine Flower (Chinese: 茉莉花, Mandarin Chinese Pronunciation: Mo Li Hua) is a Chinese folk song from the Jiangnan region. The song dates back to the 18th century (the era of the Qianlong Emperor, reigning from 1735 to 1796). Over time, many regional variations were created, and the song gained popularity both in China and abroad.

It has been used during events such as 2004 Summer Olympics, 2008 Summer Olympics and 2010 Shanghai Expo opening ceremony, and during the 2011 Chinese protests.

In 2022 I was invited by Seattle Classic Guitar Society (SCGS) to offer a short ensemble arrangement of music for the SCGS Annual Holiday Fundraising Concert, from diverse countries and cultures, inspired by holidays/winter/peace/light. So I made it by adding part 2 and 3 to one of my previous solo arrangement for entry level guitarists.

burnabyguitar, Oct 15, 2022
Ask a Question