John Lindsey Hood Phonostage

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by starboy, Jul 22, 2009.

1. starboy

starboy starboy

John Linsley Hood design Hart Phonostage Two box moving magnet and moving coil phonostage with seperate power supply. Also has Kimber Power Cable.. Casing is marked but some tlc could bring it up nicely. £190.00.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
    starboy, Jul 22, 2009
  2. starboy

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

Any further info on spec or age and is this solid state? Cheers

larkrise, Jul 22, 2009
  3. starboy

starboy starboy

Phono...

Larkrise

Not sure of its age and yes it is solid state... I ran it though the line stage of my two box Shindo Aurieges which has a great phono stage and I was impressed with the Hart. Here's some info and spec's I found on the www.

RIAA 'Shunt Feedback' Phono Stage and Andante power supply
    This kit won the Award of Excellence in a review by Gramophone magazine and has been reviewed against the Audion Silver Knight 2.0 at FIVE times the price and was deemed equal in performance.
    This kit is suitable for both Moving Coil and Moving Magnet cartridges. It features a specially developed low impedance front end to optimise the transfer characteristics of moving coil cartridges and because of it's shunt feedback circuit topology gives a more open sound to either MM or MC cartridges. A special emitter follower on each channel enables the unit to drive long signal cables without signal degradation. This makes it easy to place the kit as close as possible to the turntable, keeping the sensitive pickup leads as short as possible for the minimum of interference. The components supplied are as per the SA versions previously available.
    As with all quality Hi-Fi components, the power supply plays an important roll. As this phono stage uses 28 transistors, it provides a heavy load for batteries which would not last very long.
    We would recommend the use of the "Andante" power supply which was designed to mirror the quality of the phono stage.

Specification:
    Frequency response:+/-0.25dB to RIAA curve
    S/N: 26dB below surface noise
    Sensitivity for 500mV: MM 3.7mV / MC 340uV
    Input imped: MM 47kohms / MC 100ohms with 10nf cap.
    Gain: MM x 134 / MC x 1460
    Overload: MM 670mV / MC 60mV

starboy, Jul 22, 2009
  4. starboy

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

Starboy - thanks for the info - on research have decided to keep with my existing phono - but I gather from a sound studio friend who knows these designs that this very good indeed - so a reccomended bump

larkrise, Jul 22, 2009
  5. starboy

starboy starboy

Sold

Now Sold....

starboy, Jul 24, 2009
Ask a Question