Just restored my wheel trims -saved a fortune.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Jul 23, 2009.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Had a couple of systems on the bench with nasty viruses (one with virut) and the scans take for ever so I had a bit of time this evening to spend on my Corsa.

I have decided that my wheel trims were making the rest of my otherwise mint Corsa look scurffy and I am skint. I didn't have much time to spend on this (took me 5 and a half hours inc waiting for things to dry for recoats).

I decided to repair my scruffy trims rather than replace them because I know they will only get damaged again (I park like a girl).

Anyway this is the original trim looking very tired after 9 years 10 months and 81,950 miles. I placed masking tape on the vauxhall badge to protect it.

[​IMG]

I then gave this a quick sand down using my cheapo detail sander I bought a few years ago.

I then applied two coats of primer

[​IMG]

Then I went to B&Q and bought some silver project spray paint, it is wonderful stuff and after a couple of sprays here is the results

[​IMG]

The forth trim is now on my car, I could not wait to see what it looks like, I will post a picture tomorrow with the rest of the trims on my car.

I am rather pleased with the results, it is only the second time I have used a spray can in my life and I also had to rush it a bit as I am using the car all day tomorrow.

What do you think?

Photography details:-
    First two pics took using my Nokia N85, final picture taken using my Panasonic FZ7 camera.

Total cost:-
    Primer £1 from Pounland
    Spraypaint £6.95 from B&Q so just under £8.

amazingtrade, Jul 23, 2009
  2. amazingtrade

mr cat Member of the month

nice one... :)

mr cat, Jul 23, 2009
  3. amazingtrade

DavidF

very good!

DavidF, Jul 23, 2009
  4. amazingtrade

I-S Good Evening.... Infidel

Good job sir. It's gratifying to do a few of these things for yourself.

I-S, Jul 23, 2009
  5. amazingtrade

garyi Wish I had a Large Member

Sadly craft spray paint will stay glossy for about a day and a half. Should have bought proper stuff.

garyi, Jul 23, 2009
Ask a Question