JVC Skipping CD Player

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by ryrypot, Apr 7, 2023.

1. ryrypot

ryrypot

Hi all, CD player help request here:
    • JVC UX-D750
    Random occurrences of pausing/skipping during play. I've already done the routine:
    • Cleaning laser lens
    • Cleaning and greasing rails
    It continues to pause/skip every now and again, with the sound of gears whirring/searching. Really frustrating. Just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences with this mini hifi system or might know some more methods to fix. Thanks

ryrypot, Apr 7, 2023
  2. ryrypot

Sergeauckland

How old is it? If it were an old unit, I would look at the laser for output and/or servo alignment, but with something more recent like yours, I suspect a fault. If still under warranty, you may get it repaired, if out of warranty, sadly the cost of repair may well exceed its value.

If you have a friendly tech who has the right facilities, they may be able to identify the problem.

S

Sergeauckland, Apr 7, 2023
  3. ryrypot

ryrypot

Thanks for your reply! Yeah it's out of warranty unfortunately, so I'm just gonna do my best DIY maintenance.

It's strange because I can't decipher any patterns on when it decides to skip. But it sometimes happens on the first tracks or towards the ends of CDs.

Interestingly, there is one CD that I use to test if I've managed to fix it, and it will often skip at the ends of track 2 and 4, so I feel there is something to it.

ryrypot, Apr 8, 2023
Ask a Question