[ KBL Sound supporting footers trial is now on ! ;]

Discussion in 'Trade Adverts and Discussion' started by gregdee, May 14, 2013.

1. gregdee

gregdee g point audio

[ KBL Sound supporting footers trial is now on ! ;]

[​IMG]

We are pleased to announce that KBL Sound footers trial had been just started. Please keep your eye on the thread to gain more knowledge about, as soon first independent opinions will be posted here. So far please read bellow what the manufacturer himself declares about their efficiency ; ]

Proper isolation of audio equipment from vibration has a positive impact on all parts and their loss-less operation, resulting in more direct music transfer and better tonal balance.

KBL Sound Big Foot parasite vibration absorbers are the result of long-term comparison of different design and material solutions. They are made of a special alloy enriched bronze filled with two components, which absorb vibrations very effectively.
    Big Foot absorbers can be used under all devices and loudspeakers, but the largest effect is quite spectacular when used with sound sources (CD, DVD, DAC) or preamplifier. An improvement in sound energy and resolution becomes immediately noticeable.

The colors become more saturated and all instruments are given clearer contours, and are better separated from the background. It seems to be more air around them.

The set contains 3 pieces of identical footers. They have no load limits.
    Dimensions are following : Diameter 69 mm, height 37 mm.

Weight: 2 lbs bronze, 1lb aluminium

Price is £ 320 per bronze set and £ 220 per alloy set.

All of you Gentleman who would wish to join this trial , please contact us.
    The list remains open and we are interested to gain as many beta tester
    users as possible. Conditions will be mailed back to interested parties. Txs;)

gregdee, May 14, 2013
  2. gregdee

gregdee g point audio

1st feedback from the running trial from DEREK

trial is on and footers are now passed to 2nd tester ;)
    Thanks to DEREK for sharing his finding with us below.

please read that quote :

"Although there are probably as many solutions to hifi isolation as there are manufacturers of hifi, that doesn’t necessarily mean KBL Isolation Footers are simply reinventing the wheel. The KBL footers rather, are a new approach to the age-old problem of unwanted vibration adversely affecting the performance of hifi equipment. In my case, I used three KBL footers to isolate my Project 6 Perspex turntable.

The Project is supported by three downward-pointing conical spikes, which are rounded at the tip, which prior to receiving the KBLs, rested on a sheet of smoked glass on a Mana Acoustics Wall Shelf. Although the spikes have internal dampening in the form of Sorbothane, the spikes otherwise seem to be made of aluminium, which means there’s a hard contact between glass and spikes and that hard contact, in my estimation, introduces a slight harshness to the overall sound. It also means pops and crackles are annoyingly noticeable.

Upon receiving the footers, I was surprised at how large and heavy they were. They were also manufactured to an excellent standard – this made me optimistic that they would indeed make a difference. I placed them underneath the turntable, screwed the spikes up so that the plinth now rested on the footers and picked out some records to play.

The overall feeling I got was that the footers softened everything. The harshness was gone and light crackles and pops seemed much less annoying. Even though music now sounded softer, the footers never seemed to diminish the intensity of the music being played. For instance, on Carol Kidd’s album, Nice Work, the music is very lively at times and although it now sounded smoother, it remained snappy! I was surprised about this because I didn’t think it was possible to soften the music without losing some excitement.

I was also surprised that I could hear more detail, especially vocal detail. Carol’s voice, for instance, was so much easier to follow and on the song Nice Work If You Can Get It, when she sings “…at the cottage door”, it sounds like she’s singing ‘cottage door’ whereas without the footers, it sounds like she’s singing ‘coddage door’.

On the whole, I think the footers changed the sound for the better. I wonder though whether they would do more for my turntable if it wasn’t on a wall shelf already isolated from floor vibration. Perhaps it would. Getting down to the question of whether I would buy them. I’m not sure. The cheaper alloy set cost more than my Linn Kan speakers did while more expensive bronze set (if bought as a set of 4) cost half as much as my turntable. I do like what they do however, so deciding whether to buy them is a dilemma I look forward to resolving."

More people wanted to join trial - please contact us :) txanks !

gregdee, May 27, 2013
Ask a Question