Leak audio

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Cyrus, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Cyrus

Cyrus

Hi folks.

I'm new here, big music fan but not got much of a technical head. I'm sorting out a home set up at the moment, so I can get the turntable up and running again. I've just picked up some great Leak sandwich speakers that I'm really happy with.
    I've just seen a Leak Delta 70 amp I like the look of. Seller seems like a trusted vintage audio vendor.

Two questions: The speaker connections on the amp look different to what i've seen in the past, does anyone know what they are?
    Do you have any speaker cable recommendations?

Thanks very much.
    Cyrus.

Cyrus, Mar 10, 2021
  2. Cyrus

Sergeauckland

On those amps, the 'speaker connections I've seen are the standard DIN connector which has a flat pin for ground and a thin round pin for signal. You can get them from pretty much any electronics supplier on-line.

If they're not the DIN plug, Leak did use a special connector which is recognised by two round pins, one thick and one a bit thinner, which keeps the connections the right way round. I don't think that connector was ever used on the Delta 70, but possibly could have been on an early model. If you're unlucky, and it's one of those, you may have to hunt a bit to find any.

As for 'speaker cable, those DIN connectors aren't designed for the thick cables currently fashionable. Normal 5 Amp two-core lighting cable will work fine, and fit the plugs easily.

S.

Sergeauckland, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Cyrus

Cyrus

HI Serge.

That's great, thanks for the help.

C

Cyrus, Mar 11, 2021
    Sergeauckland likes this.
  4. Cyrus

Old Mercer

Two or three years ago I found on ebay some adaptors with a DIN loudspeaker plug on one end and a socket for a banana plug on the other, to enable you to use speaker cable already fitted with banana plugs.

Old Mercer, Apr 1, 2021
    Sergeauckland likes this.
Ask a Question