Linn Karik - help please

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by klapkaj, Nov 27, 2008.

1. klapkaj

klapkaj Klapka

I have a Linn Karik & Numerik which have given superb performance & service from new.
    The Karik has suddenly gone dead, the green light comes on for a couple of seconds when switched on and then fades. The dealer tells me it is the power supply but Linn no longer support the Karik/Numeric. Their new MD just says "buy a new Majik" whilst Ivor Teifenbraun continues to host Linn seminars talking of a Linn quality Hi Fi is "for life".
    Does anyone know of any reliable organisation, preferably in the SE or London area, which will repair a Karik power supply?

klapkaj, Nov 27, 2008
  2. klapkaj

simonm

Karik

Hi

having bought an Ikemi recently i have a spare Karik languising in the wardrobe. The laser went on it and and you say , Linn don't support it any longer. However, the power supply is fine so if you are handy with a soldering iron you could always try fitting the ps to your Karik.

I'm in Lndon E1 so give me a call if you're interested.

Regards
    Simon
    07825 367225

simonm, Jan 2, 2009
  3. klapkaj

Paul Ranson

Paul Ranson, Jan 2, 2009
Ask a Question