Little British Monitor Project

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Tenson, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Tenson

Tenson Moderator

I've been working on a project for the past 6 months to build a tiny desktop speaker. The concept was to make it look like a traditional BBC design that had been miniaturized by a shrink-ray, but use the best modern bits inside to produce a great sound. I'm calling it the 'LBM' or Little British Monitor.

I've got a working final prototype, but now I your help. To bring this to market and keep the price reasonable, the components need to be ordered in a large quantity. I've launched a Kickstarter page today for this reason and it would be great if you give it a look - Little British Monitor Project

I am also make the LBM available as a self-build kit for people to enjoy constructing as a hobby. Since they are small they could easily be built on a table top. Another reward for support is one of the active xover and amp PCBs which can be configured as stereo 2-way or mono 3-way. Fun for those who build their own projects round here!

I'm a young guy (28), a sole trader and I really need your support to make this happen [​IMG]

Thank you!
    Simon

[​IMG]

Tenson, Jul 18, 2015
    Ian likes this.
  2. Tenson

Tenson Moderator

A HUGE thank you to everyone! The project has smashed the funding target [​IMG]

There is still some time to go so let's not stop here; please continue to spread the word to help people understand the importance of good sound quality. Working together the Little British Monitor can become an even bigger success!

Warmest regards,

Simon

Tenson, Jul 24, 2015
  3. Tenson

Dev Moderator

Just seen this. Good work Simon.

Dev, Aug 6, 2015
Ask a Question