London LP loving classical neophyte needed

Discussion in 'Classical Music' started by NickM, May 3, 2005.

1. NickM

NickM

I have about 400 classical LPs. I no longer play them, because I am unable to tolerate LP surface noise and have by now transcribed all the most important ones to CR-R.

So I'd like the LPs to go to somebody who will appreciate them, preferably somebody who is new to classical music. The records are a mixture of popular and more obscure music. Most (certainly all the ones I bought new, about half the total) are in excellent condition.

They're free; I live in London SE10. You'll need a car to pick them up.

Any takers?

NickM, May 3, 2005
  2. NickM

Coda II getting there slowly

Yes Please!

Not really new to classical, but new to classical vinyl and have been trying to assemble an instant collection. 'Borrowed' a fair bit from my dad but otherwise proving tricky down here in Devon. Am in London once a month or so, probably around 20th May next.

Where's SE10?

Thanks (I hope)

Coda II, May 3, 2005
  3. NickM

Joe

It's Greenwich, sarf of the river. I lived there many years ago, in a tiny bedsit then in a very nice flat on the edge of Blackheath.

Joe, May 3, 2005
  4. NickM

NickM

Righto, Coda II - it was first come, first served, so they're yours.

Would you e-mail me via my profile when you know what date your next visit to London will be, please - then I'll send you my address, and instructions for getting there. I can generally make myself available at home from about 5.45 pm onwards, and May 20th suits me as well as any date.

This is going to be a rather peculiar "instant collection", since it reflects my (somewhat idiosyncratic) tastes :D Still, most of the discs will be at least interesting, I hope...

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2005
    NickM, May 3, 2005
  5. NickM

Coda II getting there slowly

interesting is good!

You have a new message.

Thankyou

Coda II, May 3, 2005
Ask a Question