Looking for Recommendations for Bookshelf Speakers

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by dandanflake, Jun 30, 2020.

1. dandanflake

dandanflake

Greetings, as the title clearly states I am currently in the market for a decent set of bookshelf speakers. My primary use for these speakers will be with my computer setup which I primarily play games, listen to music, watch videos on, etc. I am currently running a set of Pioneer HPM-60's off of my Pioneer RX-551 (which is in turn connected to my computer.) I love my HPM-60's, however they simply are taking up way too much space around my computer setup and I'm also tired of having to leave them on the floor due to the spacial constraints.

I was considering a set of Wharfedale Diamond 225's potentially or something around that price range. I look forward to hearing anybody's suggestions.

Thanks,

-Dan

TLDR;

Looking for suggestions on a set of bookshelf speakers to be used with a computer setup primarily used for gaming, and multimedia purposes.

dandanflake, Jun 30, 2020
  2. dandanflake

JCdenton

Hi Dan,

I can't speak from experience, but I am currently doing research on the same, and Q Acoustics seem to come up a lot as a recommendation of a budget speaker.

I'm not sure which country you are writing from, but here are some results from Amazon Uk showing their range:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Q+ACOUSTICS&ref=bl_dp_s_web_1648833031.

Best wishes,

J

JCdenton, Jun 30, 2020
  3. dandanflake

dandanflake

Thanks for your reply. I've looked into those and the Q Acoustics have gotten decent reviews and were Wirecutters #1 pick. However most reviews have stated certain aspects of them are lackluster. Particularly the bass. I don't want it to be misconstrued that I'm a bass junkie and that's all that matters to me, but a good solid bass is something that is very important to my listening.

Thanks,

-Dan

dandanflake, Jul 2, 2020
  4. dandanflake

wallace Only slightly barmy

I use a pair of JPW mini monitors for my computer sound system plus i have another pair in the garage.Still plenty on ebay forty notes average.My computer ones i have modded by gluing 5mm steel plates inside and throwing away the stupid filling.Good firm solid bass now..

wallace, Jul 9, 2020
Ask a Question