Ls4a Speaker Repair

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Nigelohagan, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Nigelohagan

Nigelohagan

Does anyone know if I can repair my ls4a Rogers speakers.? One driver has a ‘ white scar‘ across it. It does not seem to be torn but has this strange mark on it and sound is deffo not right.

upload_2020-1-2_19-40-20.jpeg

Nigelohagan, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Nigelohagan

Yellow

Looks odd. Any ideas as to what caused it? I would be more concerned about the brown marking from the cone/surround interface (all around the driver) and the two large lumps under the surround rubber at the 7 o'clock position

Yellow, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Nigelohagan

Lenny

From experience, I have had speaker cones developed a crack or cracks in my past, when I enjoyed pushing for max sound. I remember the cracks appeared on the woofer as a dark line on the sandy colored cone.

Perhaps the color of the crack is the result of the material of which the speaker cone is composed. That being said, it maybe possible that white line is a crack.

It could be the result of a spill of some type if your cones are exposed without a grill.

Whatever the case, I believe your only recourse is to replace the woofer, or the entire speaker if possible. You might contact by the company to see what they might advise, or if would sell you a replacement part or just one speaker.

I hope I’m wrong. Good luck.

Lenny, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Nigelohagan

Yellow

A crack is certainly possible in plastic cones. the resonances they go through at high excursions is frightening. Looks like they've been pushed too hard in the past.

Yellow, Mar 6, 2020
Ask a Question