Mains cable help / advice needed

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by richrpd, May 18, 2006.

1. richrpd

richrpd

Hopefully some one can help me with this?
    I recently bought a mains filter which has iec connectors on it and I am in the process of rewiring my mains cables and the cable into the filter as per TNT tts.
    This is fine with standard kettle type leads on the amp & cd player etc but I have a Roku soundbridge which has a 2.5mm plug into the soundbridge and a fixed standard 3 pin plug at the mains end can anyone advise me on what I need to make a new lead for this and if in fact there is any point in doing it?
    All and any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Power supply
    M1001: 110V or 220V power supply, depending on region
    Input: 100V or 240V (depending on region), 50/60Hz;
    Output: 5V, 1.5 amp

http://www.rokulabs.com/products/soundbridge/specs.php

richrpd, May 18, 2006
  2. richrpd

zanash

Yes no maybe......

the 2.5mm dc type plugs are tight.....

On this unit your feeding 230vac mains to the roku via the thin two core cable and the tiny plug ? or have i got this wrong

A better cable can always be made ! but its the limitations of the plug that will cause problems.....

MF on the X units supplied 12ac via the same plug but then moved to three pin dins on the version3 stuff.

zanash, May 24, 2006
  3. richrpd

richrpd

You are spot on Zanash, thin 2 core cable & tiny plug, any suggestions you have would be appreciated?

richrpd, May 25, 2006
  4. richrpd

julian2002 Muper Soderator

i had / have the same problem with my squeezebox. in the past maplin did a compatible psu with an iec input. i have one of these which i plug my fancy mains cable into and then connect the standard looking 2 core / tiny plug leading from the psu to the squeezebox. of course this isn;t a full solution but it seems to give me a decent boost without the need for big outlays or possible electrocution / magic smoke escape which would be likely if i had a go myself.

julian2002, May 25, 2006
  5. richrpd

zanash

pm me........

zanash, May 25, 2006
  6. richrpd

richrpd

Thanks for your help on this it has certainly given me a couple of things to look at although it seems to be taking me long enough to put together the normal leads at the moment!:rolleyes:

richrpd, May 30, 2006
Ask a Question