Making a Hi-Fi, bluetooth capable !

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Spike47, Apr 16, 2022.

1. Spike47

Spike47

Hi
    I have a Sony CMT-SPZ90DB Micro Hi-Fi Component Sytem, can I somehow add a bluetooth to it ?. it has a 3.5 "Audio In" connection on the front !.
    It doesn't have USB .
    cheers
    Spike

Spike47, Apr 16, 2022
  2. Spike47

Sergeauckland

There are numerous bluetooth headphone adapters available on-line, from about £20. They have a 3.5mm socket for headphones, so all you need is a 3.5mm - 3.5mm cable. The cheaper ones don't have APT-x compression, so it may be worth spending a bit more, as the technical quality is better, but for casual use, a cheap one may be good enough.
    It's not bluetooth, but the best adapter for sending audio from an Android 'phone to hifi is a Google Chromecast Audio. They were discontinued some time ago, but are still available on-line. Technical quality was superb, but depends on the application as to whether it would be suitable.

S

Sergeauckland, Apr 17, 2022
    Spike47 likes this.
  3. Spike47

Spike47

Hi
    Thanks for your reply, I don't want a bluetooth head phone, have 2 of them, I wanted to connect my Sony Mico Hi-Fi to bluetooth. so that I can play music from my iphone/Android to my Hi-Fi !.
    cheers
    Spike

Spike47, Apr 17, 2022
  4. Spike47

Sergeauckland

I don't mean bluetooth headphones, I mean a headphone adapter, which is a dongle you can plug headphones in, or use a cable to get the audio out to your hifi. Then, you just bluetooth from your 'phone into the hifi.
    S

Sergeauckland, Apr 17, 2022
Ask a Question