Mcintosh 2100 amp hook up questions

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by SteveLynch, Feb 25, 2016.

1. SteveLynch

SteveLynch

Hello!

All of my recievers have built in amps.. I have all old Marantz 2240B, which seem to have a Pre-out, and Pioneers (sx-780 & 790) which do not have any pre- outs.

I've searched till I'm blue in the face, but cannot figure out how this all works.

How do you insert an external amp into the mix?

It seems that with the Marantz, I could probably use the pre- out to feed the amp.

Am I correct in assuming that this is where I'd want to use a switcher, and use a tuner with no amp?

Or can I hook something like a 40 watt per channel Pioneer reciever to the Mcintosh?

I've got some old Bose, some Human / Epicure speakers, and some nice ones I made with My CNC machine. I'd like to have some beefy power to run them with.

Do I own the wrong gear? or can I make it work?

I'm not an audiophile, I'm a guy with 8800 records, who's never spent more than $20 on a piece of stereo gear. I enjoy the hunt, and the thrill of finding some old piece, and re-homing it.

Thanks in advance!

SteveLynch, Feb 25, 2016
Ask a Question