Michell Alecto mk2 monoblocks

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by starcrazy, Oct 11, 2008.

1. starcrazy

starcrazy

3 years old - used for 2 years.
    A pair made after production had stopped.
    Last selling price around £2900.
    Looking for £1450 ono

starcrazy, Oct 11, 2008
  2. starcrazy

starcrazy

I'm selling these for an older person who has no Internet. He had mk1 alecto's and a few years ago wanted the mk2 version. As the mk2's were no longer sold and at that time rather scarse secondhand he opted for a complete make-over using the chassis of his mk1's. All internals, prints and transfo's were changed in the mk2 version by Trichord. Only used occasionally for 2 years, these are as new!
    The story for selling these continues in the fact that he had the Argo pre and after changing his Alecto's also wanted the Orca. For the same reasons ( discontinued and rarely available ) he bought a AVI preamp meanwhile. Two years later he still had not found an Orca and decided to buy all AVI stuff because it all fitted well together in his cupboard. Tha Alecto's remained useless for over a year waiting for a new home.
    I myself have a pair of upgraded Alecto's and had the chance to test and compare these with mine. I'm still in doubt keeping these and upgrade them also to 250W for bi-amping purposes, yet it might be overkill..
    Serious offers starting at £1000 are welcome!

starcrazy, Oct 19, 2008
Ask a Question