Mint, boxed, two week old Harbeth Super HL5 on XF stands.

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by TonyL, Jan 26, 2011.

1. TonyL

TonyL Club Krautrock Plinque

[​IMG]

Absolutely mint Harbeth SHL5 in cherry on lovely black 16†(inc spikes) Something Solid XF stands. Not a lot else to say really as they are in absolutely perfect and flawless condition and if you are reading this thread you know what they are and their reputation. Grills obviously included and in mint condition too – these notoriously hard to remove grills slid off this pair without issue just by pulling on the grill frame with my fingers, so rest assured there is zero damage at all to the baffle-slot or veneer as nothing has ever been slid down between the grill and the frame. They are in absolutely perfect condition throughout. I'm only selling as I prefer my previous speakers, a pair of 15†Tannoy Monitor Golds, so I'm now looking to find another pair of those. I made a mistake here and need to back out. Not the fault of the HL5 at all.

Price is £2100 including stands and shipping at cost (collection from Lancashire far preferred). The retail of the speaker is £2500, the stands £200+, so that's a saving of £600 on a two week old prefect condition speaker / stand combo. This price is firm, I've no intention of dropping further.

Will certainly do deal for appropriate Tannoys.

Tony.

TonyL, Jan 26, 2011
  2. TonyL

Dev Moderator

I feel your pain Tony, here's a bump to ease it hopefully. I didn't even know you'd sold your Tannoys, I might have bid for them :D

Dev, Jan 27, 2011
  3. TonyL

Just a quick bounce to add a couple more pics and price the speakers at £2k without stands should the purchaser prefer, that's a full 20% saving on retail.

[​IMG]

A nice touch that should be visible in the above is that the veneer is a single piece, i.e. not two strips shunted together as it is with some of the other Harbeth finishes. They look stunning with a deep gold colour and plenty of natural grain that changes in hue dependant on light direction - notice how different the photos look, they are all correct. They are beautifully pair-matched too and both left and right speakers look identical to one another.

[​IMG]

A shot with the grill on (but not pushed fully home). I think they look really nice either way.

Come on folks, this is a total bargain! A chance to try one of the world's best reviewed and most respected speakers in as new condition minus any depreciation risk. This is a Stereophile Class A component.

Tony.

TonyL, Jan 28, 2011
  4. TonyL

[​IMG]

Tony.

TonyL, Jan 29, 2011
  5. TonyL

nando nando

tony, i grew up with tannoy's, for all is worth when i got married i used to have 15" berkleys monitors and trouble and strife got me to sale them , now i have got the cheviot's she loves them, i will never sale them, however i will try to find for you a pair of 15 " gold's

nando, Jan 29, 2011
  6. TonyL

Now £100 off, so £2k on stands for fast sale.

Tony.

TonyL, Feb 9, 2011
  7. TonyL

winthu

Is this deal over?

Thanks

winthu, May 27, 2011
  8. TonyL

RobHolt Moderator

Hi,

Yes, Tony sold the items.

RobHolt, May 27, 2011
  9. TonyL

They appear to have turned up on eBay here, I'm pretty sure it's my old pair as the wood-gran matches exactly, as do the stands!

Tony.

TonyL, May 27, 2011
  10. TonyL

winthu

Thanks for info.

Win.

winthu, May 28, 2011
Ask a Question