Modded Sony CDP-CX455 400CD player/Transport for sale

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by SteveParsons, Nov 18, 2008.

1. SteveParsons

SteveParsons

Hi all,

Starting to clear out most of my stuff as I'm moving house (we seem to be the exception that proves the rule re houses and I have some surplus stuff sitting around).

First up is my modded Sony CDP-CX455 CD player/Transport (in black).

Its a 400CD CD player ! Obviously no great shakes unmod'd but it has a trichord clock 4 and a never connected PSU as well as mods to the optical output circuitry.

So it makes a great transport if you have a DAC (with optical in). The cd player is £200 and the mods came to over 500 quid. It works well as an alternative to a HD based system. I was using an old IPAQ with remote control s/w to control it. I'll throw that in too (although I reckon the ipaq probably needs a new battery by now). I'll also throw in a decent optical cable (cabletalk) if you need it.

I reckon its worth about £250. Correct me if I'm wrong ! (I think thats a bargain personally - but then I would). P&P will be extra as its a big box.

Cheers,

Steve

SteveParsons, Nov 18, 2008
  2. SteveParsons

SteveParsons

price reduction to £180. Who needs a squeezebox - get proper CD quality at your fingertips ! Good for those who can;t be bothered to get up to change CD's !

SteveParsons, Nov 20, 2008
  3. SteveParsons

SteveParsons

OK - pulling the item from sale here to go on another site (avforums - if you're interested please post there).

SteveParsons, Nov 26, 2008
Ask a Question