MS and Arcam Speakers, and a sub for sale

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by Goomer, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Goomer

Goomer

Hi there

Following the delivery and installation of the Acoustic Energy set yesterday, I now have a serious excess of boxes in my house and need to have a clear out. So, up for sale are the following:

Mordaunt Short MS20i (pearl edition) loudspeakers in a nice maple (I think they call it cherry, though) finish, boxed/packaging and in pretty much spotless condition. I've been using these as my rear speakers in an A/V setup so they've had light use and are still working perfectly - a tiny bit of veneer lift on the rear bottom edge of one speaker is the only thing stopping me calling them mint. They even still have the little plastic things that go into the cable sockets. £50.00 + postage at cost.

Arcam One loudspeakers with original Arcam stands, in very good condition. These were Arcam's first venture into speakers and very nice they are too, being a largish 2 way standmount with, I believe, the same KEF mid/bass driver you find in a number of classic designs. They're working perfectly and are in generally excellent condition, barring a few barely noticeable scuffs on the cabinets (they are about 20 years old though, so nothing unexpexcted), a small tear in one front grill cloth, and the sticky backed foam around the tweeter is disintegrating with age (I never quite got around to replacing this). They're designed to be driven actively, too, but I never had a chance to hear them like this. £50.00 collection only (or I may be able to deliver within a reasonable distance for diesel cost. These are too large and heavy for me to box up and post, I'm afraid).

Gale Sub 10 subwoofer, boxed and in pretty much mint condition. More for movies than music, I think, but if you're wanting to add some bottom end to cacophonous movie moments, then this will do the job nicely. Adjustable crossover, level, and phase, so it can be smoothly integrated with your fronts, a lot of sub for £50.00 + postage at cost.

Collection is an option on all of these if you're near enough to me (I'm near Lowestoft, Suffolk) but I could deliver for diesel costs within a reasonable distance.

Contact me via PM or at christophergoom at hotmail dot com - I'll be away from my pc for a little while this morning but will respond to anyone interested shortly after lunch.

Thanks for looking,

Chris.

Goomer, Mar 23, 2005
Ask a Question