Musical Fidelity A1000 integrated amp

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by michaelab, Apr 5, 2004.

1. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

I'm posting this on behalf of the owner who's a friend of mine in Portugal and not a member :)

Perfect condition with original packaging and manuals. Bought s/h a few months ago from the Cornflake shop in London who had got it as a part ex from the original owner.

The MF A1000 is IMO easily the best integrated that Musical Fidelity have ever made and one of the best integrateds I've heard at all. Designed by Tom de Paravacini, 50W of pure Class A sweetness and power. I heard it against a MF NuVista M3 integrated and the A1000 was miles better. The owner has recently switched to using a NAD S300 only because his Dynaudio Crafft speakers are such a demanding load which was, he felt, just too much for the A1000 to handle. It's best paired with 8ohm speakers of 87dB or greater sensitiviy.

It's a two box integrated in that it has the power supply in a separate box (rather like the NuVista and TriVista amps).

Open to offers. The amp is located in Portugal (in my flat in fact :) ). Shipping will be relatively expensive but the owner is prepared to split the cost of shipping, depending on the sale price. As a guide, Audio Salon are currently selling one for £995 here.

Michael.

michaelab, Apr 5, 2004
  2. michaelab

michaelab desafinado

OK since you ask, I'll give you a price then: GBP 770 + shipping :) .

Michael.

michaelab, Apr 12, 2004
Ask a Question