Musical Fidelity X-dac V3 Have You Tried One?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by STELLABAGPUSS, Dec 6, 2004.

1. STELLABAGPUSS

STELLABAGPUSS Happy Chappy

HI ALL,
    MORE ADVICE NEEDED AGAIN ! HAS ANYONE HAS A LISTEN TO THE NEW MUSICAL FIDELITY X-DAC v3 ? I BEEN READING ALL THE SALES RUBBISH, AND APPARANTLY IT HAS BETTER SPEC'S THAN THE TRI-VISTA DAC, AND THAT'S EVEN MF CLAIM.
    I AM PLANNING TO RUN IT'S OFF EITHER A PIONEER DV 575 A OR DENON 2200, AND OF COURSE ENJOY THE BENIFITS OF SACD OR DVD-A AS WELL.
    SO WHILE IM ON THE SUBJECT, HAS ANYBODY HAD BENEFIT OF READING ANY TECHINCAL SPEC'S ON BOTH PLAYERS,I GUESS, IN SHORT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOWN WHICH HAS THE BEST TRANSPORT TO FEED WHATEVER DAC I END UP GETTING (AFTER ALL YOUR ADVICE !)

MY SET UP BASIC SETUP

PIONEER A300R AMP (FULL MONTY MOD BY TOM EVANS)
    MUSICAL FIDELITY X10 V3 TUBE STAGE
    MONITOR AUDIO 20 SE CELEBRATION ( WITH THE BETTER TWEETER ! )
    SPEAKER CABLE QED SILVER
    INTER CONNECTS VAN DEN HULL D102 MKIII

STELLABAGPUSS, Dec 6, 2004
  2. STELLABAGPUSS

Philip King Enlightened User

Not wishing to seem rude but I think you might get a better response if you don't use capitals. ;)

My expereince is that Pionner CD players actually work quite well with MF DACs, or at least some of the older stuff did.

Philip King, Dec 6, 2004
  3. STELLABAGPUSS

wflem007

Stella

I run the X Dac V3 off the X PSU V3 from an Audiomeca Obession cdp and Sony 555ES mdp.

Very happy with the results but I find the piercing blue led lights way too bright so have the units angled away from a full on gaze.

The lights, the lights................

wflem007, Dec 6, 2004
Ask a Question