My website now up and running now

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amazingtrade, Aug 21, 2004.

1. amazingtrade

amazingtrade Mad Madchestoh fan

Still got some work to do, the tourist page has been re-written but not uploaded yet. I need to get the forum to be intergrated to the rest of the site better andf there are a few other minor niggles but its pretty much done.

www.musicinmanchester.co.uk

The title says it all really, its produced using CSS, PHP 4.0, MySQL and the Gimp.

amazingtrade, Aug 21, 2004
  2. amazingtrade

BlueMax

Well designed website! Congratulations. It should earn you a Grade A+ :)

I did a search for the 'Flexy' but couldn't find it :(

BlueMax, Aug 21, 2004
  3. amazingtrade

BL21DE3 aka 'Lucky'

Nice site. Just one thing I spotted was under the 'Tourists' section you've got picket picketers, where I assume you wanted to say pick pocketers? Just me being pedantic I know :). But otherwise a very nicely designed site with a good uncluttered appearance.

BL21DE3, Aug 21, 2004
  4. amazingtrade

hehe thanks I know about the picket picketer mistake, thats what I meant when I said that page needs updating.

I am hoping to strike a deal with the ticket companies so I can earn commision on each ticket I sell but it may not be that simple.

The design could have been better but its not worth changing it too much at this stage.

5. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Good work AT

Nice, clean and fast :)

A couple of things. Badly Drawn Boy has MOre than two albums. 4 I think (including the About a boy soundtrack).

And only had a quick look at the forum, but I think the rule is less boards the better. Perhaps scrap all the different band boards and combine into one. Perhaps just have an established band area to cover all the obvious ones and a "watch out for" section to talk about local up and coming acts.

Hope the site takes off well :)

MO!, Aug 21, 2004
  6. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

MO!, Aug 21, 2004
  7. amazingtrade

Thanks some good suggestions about the forum there. Also with Badly Drawn Boy the albums are just 10 albums, I thought it would make a slightly more interesting variation that just number of number 1 albums you often get.

The forum probably does need shorting though, it makes it easier to post I guess, then if it gets busier I could add more.

8. amazingtrade

MO! MOnkey`ead!

Also, don't see any way to jump back to the main site from the forum.

MO!, Aug 21, 2004
  9. amazingtrade

I had noticed that myself, the forum code is pure PHP with some includes so it will take while to go through all the codes and work out how to play the link. It admin panel dosn't seem to allow it.

10. amazingtrade

Bob McC living the life of Riley

In your gig listings shouldn't your disclaimer say you don't ACCEPT responsilbility rather than respect it? Also do want any pictures of places for the site,. I can certainly get Strawberry Studios and on Monday I'm going on a trawl of all the suburban s/h record shops if your interested. Sometime next week I'll be driving thru darkest Burnage too if that's of any use!

Bob

Bob McC, Aug 21, 2004
  11. amazingtrade

That would be great thanks, I have most pictures on my hard drive, I just need to scale them down and make them 'web ready' before I stick them on the net. I have most the record shops but I have not managed Sifters yet as I don't get to down that part of Fog Lane very often.

The picture of Strewbury would be great, I was going to take a picture of that myself but every time I have been down to Stockport its been on the spure of the moment and have forgoten the camera.

Thanks for that, I will also check out the wording on the gig listings page.

12. amazingtrade

Bob McC living the life of Riley

You've got a private message

Bob

Bob McC, Aug 23, 2004
  13. amazingtrade

I have taken your advice and reduce the number of subforums to just four, this should make it clearer and easier to use and possibly save a little bit of bandwidth.

amazingtrade, Aug 24, 2004
Ask a Question