Naim 82 & S.Cap + extensive mods by whest audio

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by r_w, Feb 4, 2008.

1. r_w

r_w

This is the last Naim amp that James Henriot of Whest Audio modded. Before launching Whest James was THE person that could make your Naim gear sing!

This amp and power supply combo has been mofidied 4 times (each time, improving the sound by a huge margin). There are now 3 independent power supply leads from the Supercap feeding the 82 and the pre out L/R line feed is straight from the back of the 82 (not via the supercap). This amp will simply trounce most amps on the market (forget the 52, new models etc... the margin of improvement was embarassing at the time of the first mod!).

So why sell it then? I hear you ask. Well... I have taken the bold step of forgoing the convenience of lots of inputs, hi gain and remote control for a passive transformer attenuator.

It's hard to let go of this amp as it has been on such a journey with myself and James (a personal friend of mine) but it's just too much money to have sitting idle for nostalgic purposes.

I will gladly demostrate to anyone just how good preamp this is, if you can get to leicestershire U.K.

I will provide pictures to interested parties.

r_w, Feb 4, 2008
  2. r_w

r_w

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2008
    r_w, Feb 7, 2008
  3. r_w

r_w

now listed on eBay

r_w, Feb 12, 2008
Ask a Question