Nautilus 802

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Crustyloafer, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

I am in the process of selling my Acoustic Energy AE1 Mk3 speakers. I have put links to the relevant classifieds below.

Anyway my main question is has anybody listened to the B&W Nautilus 802s and if you have what did you think about them? They will be initially amplified with my Musical Fidelity A308 integrated and my main source is the Arcam CD33, although I do play a lot of DVD-A on the Arcam DV89 also. If you have or haven't listened to them can you recommend any other speakers worth auditioning? I will have about up to £6000 retail price to spend on them.

Acoustic Energy AE1 Mk3 For Sale

Crustyloafer, Aug 18, 2004
  2. Crustyloafer

Lt Cdr Data om

yes, I know loads of people who have these, I have 2 pairs myself, front and rears, buy with confidence :D
    other speakers, pmc, atc, avi gravitron, if you can stretch, merlins proacs.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2004
    Lt Cdr Data, Aug 18, 2004
  3. Crustyloafer

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

I find the 802's yawn inducing, difficult to find a more purist 'Hifi' product.

wadia-miester, Aug 18, 2004
  4. Crustyloafer

midlifecrisis Firm member

I've got a pair and love 'em - they have both finesse and real clout. They do need power to get lively and can sound very different according to the amplification, so try to listen with more than one amp. I stuck some listening notes under Reviews way back when - I remember being hugely impressed at the first dem by some Bjork where the bass actually churned my stomach (!) and by the drumming on some old Zep, which sounded massively more powerful than any other speakers I'd been exposed to.

midlifecrisis, Aug 18, 2004
  5. Crustyloafer

Robbo

I had them back to back agains some Neat ultimatums. The Neats were miles more musical and enjoyable IMO. The 802s initially sounded very impressive, but after a few minutes I noticed that they were strangely detached and analytical. But they had great bass.

overall, not for me.

Robbo, Aug 18, 2004
Ask a Question