Need speakers for my bar

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by ankush, Jan 15, 2010.

1. ankush

ankush

HI, I need some help.

I'm setting up my bar. I have the counter in place, couple good bots f whisky, and leather sofa's in the room.

The specs are 14.11 X 12.11 X 9.11

I'm looking for a good set of speakers, not sure if just bookshelves wud suffice / would I need a sub as well. Also what kind of an amp ought I to get.

I principally listen to rock / classical music.

I've got a limited USD 1000 budget (could stretch it a bit) and am currently using a Bose sound doc :)

HELP!!

ankush, Jan 15, 2010
  2. ankush

joel Shaman of Signals

JBL 4311 speakers. Great for rock or anything bassy, pretty compact, and an all-American Classic (here in Japan that is). They are tall and quite wide, but very shallow and should go OK close to a rear wall. There is a very clean pair on fleabay right now. As for amps. Anything is fine, but since you've got a bar with whisky, a nice toob amp would look pretty...

joel, Jan 25, 2010
  3. ankush

Andy 831

Buy a pair of Klipsch Heresys and a Decware Tube amp Job done assuming you already have a source sorted out

Andy 831, Jan 25, 2010
Ask a Question