New Beyerdynamic Headphones

Discussion in 'Trade Adverts and Discussion' started by Joelsim, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Joelsim

Joelsim Joelsim

Tom from Polaraudio came round with some earphones today, including the 5 star DTX102iE, the version with a mic MMX102iE and the DJ headphone with a mic the T51i.

I have to say I was very impressed with all of them.

The 102iE is much cheaper than it's 3 times earphone of the year predecessor but is in my opinion even more enjoyable. They seem to have a warmth and enveloping sound on top of the precise, natural sound of the outgoing model. Listening to tracks from Radiohead, Claptone and Mason provided different genres that all came across really well on the new Beyers. Lots of instrument separation and detail, yet managing to combine a solid bass element too (which of course is de rigeur these days, and often overdone). I don't think the old model did this quite as well.

In short, the best £75 earphones I have heard so far.

The T51i was also impressive, but I didn't expect anything else having heard it's twin brother the T51p a few months ago. If you want some DJ cans then these are up there with the best from AIAIAI and Reloop.

I think I may treat myself to a pair of MMX102 anyway. :D

Joelsim, Aug 28, 2014
Ask a Question