New Subwoofer

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by jbhunter1, Apr 19, 2021.

1. jbhunter1

jbhunter1

PIC103.JPG

PIC104.JPG

I just finished a new subwoofer. This is a 26" W, 15 3/4" H, 14 1/2" D sealed enclosure, passive subwoofer.

The finish is piano black. This is the first time I've ever tried this kind of a finish. I made a few mistakes along the way, but I'm really happy with how it came out.

PIC114.JPG

The driver is a GRS 8SW-4 8", 80W unit from Parts Express.

Here are the dimensions:

dimensions-1.png Dimensions-2.png

A sealed enclosure sub isn't the greatest for all music, but this one works great for classical, sacred, choral, and movies.

PIC108.JPG

PIC111.JPG

jbhunter1, Apr 19, 2021
    Sergeauckland likes this.
  2. jbhunter1

Sergeauckland

Nice job.

How are you driving this? What are the main 'speakers and are you rolling-off those, or are they still carrying the low bass?

S.

Sergeauckland, Apr 21, 2021
    jbhunter1 likes this.
  3. jbhunter1

jbhunter1

Right now, the only driver I have for this is a small 2.1 class D amplifier board. I'll need to find/build a better system soon, but this works surprisingly well for now.

The speakers I used with it are the two from my previous project (look lower down on the list). They were a little weak in the base region already, so this is the perfect addition to them.

jbhunter1, Apr 21, 2021
    Sergeauckland likes this.
Ask a Question