On Bike Entertainment (OBE)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lhatkins, Jul 15, 2006.

1. lhatkins

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

Well been cycling to work for a while now and the thought has occured to me, whether there are any deivces that could be attched to my handlebars to drown out the traffic noise and give me something to listen to, other than me attempting to sing/hum/whistle any currnet tune (badly).
    Thought with the Mp3 pen drives and players, with a small pair of speakers would do the job, anyone come across anything like this?

lhatkins, Jul 15, 2006
  2. lhatkins

Heavymental

I'd just go for your music player of choice and wear headphones. Great debate over the safety of this but I find it totally fine as you can still hear traffic etc. I often ride with just one headphone as I use my mobile phones radio facility with the hands free headphone plugged into the ear on the pavement side.

Think you'd look a bit of a tool with speakers on your bars!

Heavymental, Jul 17, 2006
  3. lhatkins

greg Its a G thing

Could though look cool in a Napolean Dynamite context.

greg, Jul 17, 2006
  4. lhatkins

Levi_501 Its in The Jeans...

I cycle to work, but I do not listen to any music players, although a lot of cyclist around me do, and i think "Why?"

I would advise not to listen to anything, and keep your wits about you.

Levi_501, Jul 17, 2006
  5. lhatkins

lhatkins Dazed and Confused

I have to say I'd not use full headphones for the safety issue, but then I like the idea of using one like you say, on a mobile is a good idea, since my mobile has mp3. Think that's probably the answer, though I would have prefered something I could bolt to the handlebar, I'd look / sound no more of a tool that the other t1ts in their cars with windows full down (or roof down) with radio blasting out.

lhatkins, Jul 18, 2006
Ask a Question