Opinions please

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Vic, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Vic

Vic

Hello All,

Forgive me in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong section, but I'm hoping to gather some feedback of a couple of audio choices and which is the better way to go. I currently own a motorcycle and am adding a stereo and amp to be paired up with a pair of 6inch 200Watt/ 100RMS speakers that are mounted to a fairing for listening while on the road. My options are as followed:

Option 1 - Philips CEM2100; max power output 50Watts x 4 Channels, Continuous power output 22Watts x 4RMS (CD Player/AM/FM/USB Port)

Option 2 - Pioneer MVH-X380BT; 50Watts x 4 Channels, power output 14Watts x 4 Channels (Bluetooth/AM/FM/USB Port)

Regardless of the option, I will also be adding an Alpine Mini Amp, KTP-445U; 45Watts RMS x 4

Does the addition of the amp override the original output by the head units or is my total power output a combination of the two? Should I have gone with a stronger amp or is this good enough for the speakers I currently have?

Thank you in advance.
    Vic

Vic, Mar 9, 2016
Ask a Question