Orbe SE and Hadcock 242 se FS

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by rodrat, Jul 5, 2008.

1. rodrat

rodrat

Orbe SE

Due to a severe financial downturn caused by my wife being made redundant, I am forced to sell the turntable that was going to be my keeper. This is the SE model with the later, never connected DC motor. Supplied with a 300 rega arm and Ortofon 520 MK11 cartridge. With the arm I am willing to accept a very reasonable £1395. Without the arm £1295 The deck has the grey base with the usual black platter and gold suspension covers and arm base. I have the original box for the important bits but not for the acrylic base. In addition I have armboards for the Hadcock and an SME arm as well as am acrylic uni-cover. I will include any one of the arm boards in with the TT price with the cover and other armboards up for negotiation.

Hadcock 242SE

In excellent condition. This is regarded as one of the most musical arms around, a pity I never really got the chance to enjoy it. This comes in its original box with the addition of a really good after market setup guide. At the moment it is fitted with an Audionote iq1 MM cartridge which has never been used. This is not included. I beleive this is based on a goldring with some tweaking by VDH (I stand to be corrected on this ) The headshell bolt holes have been filed to take the cartidge which fits opposite to the normal thread. A replacement headshell is available for about £31 and this is reflected in the price

£340 IQ1 cartidge £95. If bought together £420

I am happy for cash on collection, a cheque on clearance and I will accept paypal provided the buyer is willing to cover the fees. I will ship the turntable but would need to pack it in two boxes and weigh it but I guess it would be approx £40 plus insurance.

For pics please email:

rod dot reimann at ntlworld.com

rodrat, Jul 5, 2008
Ask a Question