Outstanding transformer stepup for use with MC cartridges

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by larkrise, May 30, 2008.

1. larkrise

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

For sale. I have two of these left. Hand built as a project to make a really excellent MC stepup transformer device that beats all others. This is a stepup device for low output MC cartridges for use in MM phono stages. This black box device uses rare genuine vintage Partridge transformers which many have long regarded as some of the finest transformers ever made. Constructed with very high quality silver Mundorf wire using pure silver CMC silver RCA phono sockets - which are the best available. Sounds fantastic has beaten an EAR MC3, Audio Notes and another Stevens and Billington transformer based unit MC costing £1600. This is the best stepup transformer I have heard and they are what I use in a pretty high end system. An absolute bargain at £240 plus £6 special delivery. PM if interested - if you have a MM phono stage this is the only way to go re hearing quality MC cartridges.

larkrise, May 30, 2008
  2. larkrise

Tarzan

Step-ups

Photos?:)

Tarzan, Jun 4, 2008
  3. larkrise

larkrise Sheepdogs prefer red wine

6"x4" black box - send e mail and will oblige if you really want to see what a black box is like:)

larkrise, Jun 5, 2008
Ask a Question