Pass Labs Aleph 3 amplifier

For Sale: Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by RFH, Feb 19, 2009.

1. RFH

RFH

For sale is the legendary Aleph 3 high-end amplifier from Pass Labs. Since it didn't cost me too much and I don't have the funds to acquire matching hardware of a similar quality, I have decided to sell it. As I am not a hifi buff myself, this may be my first and only visit to your forum, but I figured this would be a good place to sell this classic piece of hardware. I have had no chance of testing it with a preamp, so it is sold as described. I did run my loudspeakers directly into the Aleph 3, though, and the music came out clearly, albeit at a low, constant volume. I guess that's where the preamp enters the equation. And the small blue diode in the front lights up, so everything seems to be in working order. As seen in the pictures, the only blemishes are a few abrasions on the upper front ridges. The original mid-nineties price of this unit was appx. $2300, and customer reviews seem to be very positive. This baby is heavy (appx. 30 pounds), so insured shipping to most of the world will be in the order of $100-$200, but you can ask for an exact quote based on your location. My asking price is $1300, but reasonable offers are more than welcome. You are also welcome to write me if you have any questions that were not answered in this post. I am an experienced Ebayer (user name: brtsp) with 100% positive feedback score. I prefer Paypal.

Attached Files:

RFH, Feb 19, 2009
  2. RFH

SMEagol Because we wants it...

is this beaut 240v? or 120v? Good luck with the sale. :)

SMEagol, Feb 19, 2009
  3. RFH

RFH

Voltage

It runs on 240V AC and draws 250W.

RFH, Feb 19, 2009
  4. RFH

alanbeeb Grumpy young fogey

where are you RFH?

alanbeeb, Feb 19, 2009
  5. RFH

RFH

I live in Copenhagen, Denmark.

RFH, Feb 19, 2009
  6. RFH

sgt.pepper53

Can you tell me the serial number of the unit?
    Was it repaired/upgraded?
    Has it the original box and instruction booklet?
    Thanks.

sgt.pepper53, Mar 3, 2009
  7. RFH

RFH

Answer

The serial no. is 07653. I am not aware of any repairs or modifications done to the unit before I purchased it as you see it. I don't have any manuals or other documentation relating to the unit, so the best I can do is to refer you to the online manual found here.

RFH, Mar 3, 2009
  8. RFH

RFH

Price

I can see that a similar item has been posted, in better condition and at a lower price. What to do then? Well, please don't be put off by my initial price, and don't hesitate to send me a reasonable offer if you're interested.

RFH, Mar 4, 2009
  9. RFH

RFH

Sold!

RFH, Apr 1, 2009
Ask a Question