pioneer a300x volume control

Discussion in 'DIY Discussion' started by bludclot, Aug 26, 2010.

1. bludclot

bludclot

hello all.

i have recently acquired a pioneer a-300x amplifier. i have fixed the input source selector switch just leaving the volume control to get right before a repaint and putting it to intended use.

can you help please?

it's supposed to be friction locked - but the outer dial doesn't take the inner with it. it also crackles through both channels during adjustment. i could use contact cleaner to quieten it and glue the dials together but i would rather fix it properly. is there a method?

it's actually an alps pot - the following is written on it - 100kbx2, act1063a and 3i0c. having trawled alps's website i failed to find a match. anyone know where one could be obtained please?

i'll post pictures if anyone is interested.

many thanks - bludclot (artatak)

bludclot, Aug 26, 2010
  2. bludclot

bludclot

many thanks for all your replies.

having contacted pioneer directly and some of their independent appointed repairers of my own accord i learned that the 1063-a pot has gone nla and nobody would admit to having one sat on the shelf.

i stripped my dodgy pot and thoroughly cleaned all it's internals. once re-assembled it worked beautifully.

my garage system now has a rather sweet a-300x at it's heart.

bludclot.

bludclot, Sep 6, 2010
Ask a Question