Proac Response 3.5 in use

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by saf, Sep 3, 2009.

1. saf

Tenson Moderator

Thanks for following up with your experience.

Acoustics of the room dictate so much of the sound we hear. It's just a shame changing the room acoustics is so impractical for most people.

Would you be able to share some photos? :)

Tenson, Nov 11, 2014
  2. saf

phier

hello,
    i own musical fidelity nu vista m3 with b&w805s ... I was wondering if an upgrade to proac 3.5 would be a good idea... or add some benefit in terms of sound ... room is 22m2, ceilings 3.5m. What do you guys think? I am not able to find proac 3.5 official spec, date of production .. and what material was used ie wood or MDF? thanks!

phier, Jul 4, 2020
    Bigted likes this.
  3. saf

Bigted

It seems to me all the users above are either not delivering enough power to the 3.5, not positioning them properly I.e half a meter away from the wall, or the room size is inadequate and certainly their amplifiers were inadequate.

I use to have the 3.5 with a MF M3 super integrated amp 280wpc 8ohms and 3D CD player. I used nordost super flatline.

Out of the hundreds of systems I’ve had, I can tell you that combo would leave most systems in the weeds. I even joined this site just to reply to the thread as I felt so strongly they all got it so wrong. With my setup described above I got nothing but chest pounding bass on top of the sweet mid and trebles that speaker IS capable of.Some bass below human hearing, you could feel but not hear.

yes, the 3.5 is a marriage made in heaven with the MF M3 and 3DCD if you can put up with the controversial looks. My room was 4.5 x 4.5m with large bay 3m ceiling.

Bigted, Aug 28, 2020
Ask a Question