Ps3 and Beresford DAC

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by Listener666, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Listener666

Listener666

After spending hours (weeks actually:() trying to get my Escient Fireball to recognise 100% rather than 70% of my music I gave up and will return it to the shop as it just doesn't do what it is supposed to do..........(battle gloves on i suspect...:rolleyes:)

Anyway..........this prompted me to try my PS3 optical output into my mates B..DAC using the variable digital o/p into my power amp............wayhaaaayyyyy 500Gb of wavs and mp3's and the sound is good. A little in your face perhaps but as good as any CD player up to £1200 i have tried. My new KEF Ref speakers may be the prob as they are very detailed but a change of DAC may cure this......Behringer from Tenson maybe on the cards or any suggestions for a warmer sounding variable level output DAC?

If this works my turntable will go in the office and I will archive the rest of my vinyl when played and bought etc.......might even build a quite P.C. to record at 24/96 !!

Dont knock the Playstation PS3 until you have tried it.....;)

Listener666, Jan 26, 2009
  2. Listener666

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

Did you try it without the dac? Pretty good actually!

lAmBoY, Jan 15, 2010
Ask a Question