Purite Audio Computer Audiophile!

Discussion in 'Trade Adverts and Discussion' started by Purite Audio, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Purite Audio

Purite Audio Purite Audio

Purite Audio, are pleased to announce that we can now demonstrate in your own home, a complete 'computer audiophile' solution, Apple or PC based.
    We will bring everything you need to compare your current Cd/transport against a computer based system.
    Our preferred dacs include Weiss, Sonic Studio/Amarra and Stahl-Tek .
    We can offer advise, demonstration or a complete 'shopping list'
    we can even provide a technician to install and optimize your system. Keith.

Purite Audio, Jun 5, 2009
  2. Purite Audio

Technical support!

I just wanted to add that we will offer full technical support, not only through email and telephone but 'remotely 'connecting directly to your computer. Keith.

3. Purite Audio

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

20k for a DAC, is that for real???? (Stahl)

Sorry Keith but the offer of 'remotely connecting to your PC' is an embarrassment.

Im sure that your customers arent even affected by the current downturn in the financial climate, but no need to rub it in mate.

Good luck and all that but try Forbes magazine or some other 'I don't pay tax in this country' avenue for revenue.

lAmBoY, Jun 5, 2009
  4. Purite Audio

The Weiss DACII is £1900 we recommend Apple products , what is embarrassing about offering support through remote access? Many companies offer remote access including Sonic Studio.

5. Purite Audio

lAmBoY Lothario and Libertine

For the level of product offered it should be on-site support! Hand delivered, technical set-up, and including speaker placement.
    Correct me if im wrong (which is often) but your suppliers of incredible products expect a distributor to offer incredible service. Remote connection isn't really offering much.

You can tell me to f-off but I am just giving my 2p.

lAmBoY, Jun 6, 2009
  6. Purite Audio

Iab, the Cessaros are delivered installed and optimised for every indivuidual customer, we look at every aspect to improve the sound quality of the customers system.
    With the computer audio, we just wanted to be able to demonstrate exactly how a computer sounds compared to a cdp, then if the customer decides to buy,we can supply him with a complete shopping list ( or we can provide the whole system ) we will then install and optomise the system in their home, we will offer continued support and the 'remote service' gives us just one more option should email and telephone help fail to sort any problem, regards Keith.

Purite Audio, Jun 6, 2009
  7. Purite Audio

wadia-miester Mighty Rearranger

Keith,

You may find Lamboy knows just a wee bit about this subject :cool:
    His business is very much customer based PC components for serious clients and systems.
    The customer service one would expect for this level of outlay would DEMAND nothing less than total on site set up and back up is what Lamboy is getting at Keith.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2009
    wadia-miester, Jun 6, 2009
  8. Purite Audio

Tony Hi, and that is what the customer will receive, but the level of investemnt is not that huge, a mac mini £499 an iod touch as remote £145 , a Weiss dac II or even an Apogee to start with , perhaps 2 tB's WD raid configured, even with the Weiss DACII less than £2650 total including cable. Regards Keith.

9. Purite Audio

I do realise that Keith, I feel it was the mention of a £20K Dac that sent poor Craig in convulsions!
    Question for you, do you feel the mac gives as good as performance (sound wise) as the PC or is it just the ease of use and those graphic interfaces? (even with Almeara?)

10. Purite Audio

Tony Hi, really I cannot say two years ago I had built an 'audio' PC striped down,pipe cooling Lynx 16aes card etc, but I couldn't get the darn thing to work properly, I spent three weeks withthe company who assembled it Lynx Sound Lab etc, it really put me off PC's the mac solution is so elegant so simple in comparison and it works ! However I am having a friend build me another PC based on the machine that Andy Jones ( TAD ) was using in Munich I am quite interested to compare them, you use Linux don't you? Regards Keith.

11. Purite Audio

Hello Keith,

I see the reasons why people use the mac, for me I have yet to hear one perform in the same vein as a sorted pc package.
    Though I will admit most people want ease of use, graphic interface and portability which currently the mac offers.
    We do have a different method of data transmission though, which lets us move huge amounts of data over long distances with incredibly low latency and a lot less hassle than most of the common methods.
    We have never had an issues other then the initial start up bugs that infest your enthusiasm when we started on this route 3 years ago.:D
    Though being able to understand and sort out the hardware/software issues ourselves have given us true insight into the true potential of this format.
    A lot of people seemed to be very unsure by this format, which given the benefits is give odd :confused:
    For us, ripping your cd's is not really the way to go, direct loss-less flac and true high resolution music is the best use of a server based system.
    Though memory does seem get swallowed up a touch when going does the latter route, nearly 16 TB on optical drives now, just swap in the drive appropriate to your musical mood :)

12. Purite Audio

Tony Hi, I agree about the hi-res that was the prime reason I became interested in 'computer audio' , I will have to come up one day with the mac, very best Keith.

Ask a Question