Quad 405-2 Serviced by Quad and Modded with RCA Inputs

Discussion in 'Classified Adverts' started by daws0n, Jul 7, 2009.

1. daws0n

daws0n

Hey fellas,

Bought this from a local guy back in January this year - had it running with a 34 pre which sounded nice, but had better results using my Exposure 23 pre. Impressive sound either way, not a million miles off my AVI LSi Integrated (although that has more detail/treble, where as the quad is quite flat in comparison). However to my surprise they do sound quite similar.

Either way, can't recommended it enough for the asking price - beat all the £600 integrateds I've own hands down.

Except for a small knick on the side panel, it's in very good condition... It was serviced by Quad in the mid 90's and has had the DIN Input changed to a more modern gold plated RCAs. This is the later version with banana plug inputs, rather than the earlier spring terminals. I don't have proof of the service, but the box still has the courier labels to/from Quad electronics when it was sent/returned.

I am going to list the 34 pre soon as well so if you are interested in both just let me know.

I am asking for £230+£15 postage. Will include power lead, original box, manual and service schematics too. Good price considering the aging ones fetch £200 on eBay without service etc...

I was going to keep it for a 2nd system but I've since switch over to some ADM9 speakers, so these have got to go!

Any questions, let me know.

Dawson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

daws0n, Jul 7, 2009
  2. daws0n

daws0n

mods: I have advertised this on other forums aswell, is that ok?

daws0n, Jul 7, 2009
  3. daws0n

daws0n

4. daws0n

daws0n

bump

daws0n, Jul 9, 2009
  5. daws0n

daws0n

Bump and price drop - £230 inc. delivery

daws0n, Jul 11, 2009
  6. daws0n

daws0n

If you're after a quad 405-2 this is a very fine example with the RCA mod... It's in great condition inside too. I can get more for it on eBay but fees on there are getting ridiculous!

daws0n, Jul 20, 2009
Ask a Question