RB300fitting advice needed please

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi and General Audio' started by madscientist, Jun 26, 2008.

1. madscientist

madscientist

Hi Guys

I have just purchased a Rega RB300 arm with Incognito rewire (very nice). However i have encountered a problem with setting it up. I have removed my old RB300 from The Rega p3 and refitted this arm, with exactly the same cartridgee (denon DL110) and set up in the same manner as before. This is where the problem lies, when i lift the arm up the styluse does not clear the record, this did not happen with my previous RB300!! I am bit mystified. I tried to fit the spacer that came with the new arm, this enabled me to raise the stylus away from the record BUT i could not get the locking nut fitted Doh!! Anybody else had these problems, can you offers some advice?

paul

madscientist, Jun 26, 2008
  2. madscientist

la toilette Downright stupid

I do know that you can get spacers of different sizes for Rega arms, as far as I can remember they come in 3, 5 and 10mm thicknesses. Maybe a thinner spacer than the one you have might do the job?

la toilette, Jun 26, 2008
Ask a Question