Re: classical music

Discussion in 'Classical Music' started by pitterson, Dec 8, 2009.

1. pitterson

pitterson

The classical music is one type of art.The root of this music the istraditions of Western liturgical and secular music.This is one of the popular music type. The consist of the instruments found in an orchestra, together with a few other solo instruments such as the piano, harpsichord, and organ.

pitterson, Dec 8, 2009
  2. pitterson

Soloist In my lonely furrow

Far out man

Soloist, Dec 8, 2009
  3. pitterson

Johnmark2

What are you trying to say? :D

Johnmark2, Jan 23, 2010
  4. pitterson

HARRISON123

classical music

A friend and I would like to start making our own music. We're interested in creating something along the lines of ambient/drone/classical. Neither of us know where to even begin, and I've looked all over the internet for some help with software and such but I still don't know how to actually create the music. Any help or advice please?

HARRISON123, Mar 20, 2010
  5. pitterson

Marc

Maybe this could help?

At least it's software about music notation:

http://www.finalemusic.com/

AFAIK, the entire package is rather expensive. But there's a mini version available for $9.95.

Good luck!

Marc, Mar 21, 2010
  6. pitterson

HARRISON123

classical music

A friend and I would like to start making our own music. We're interested in creating something along the lines of ambient/drone/classical. Neither of us know where to even begin, and I've looked all over the internet for some help with software and such but I still don't know how to actually create the music. Any help or advice please?
    [​IMG]

HARRISON123, Mar 22, 2010
  7. pitterson

evanbarrack

The classical music is the tradition of the perticular country. It is a best genre in the music and demands the deep knowledge in the music to play this kind of music. The instruments used in most classical music were largely invented before the mid-19th century. Performance of classical music repertoire often demands a significant level of technical mastery on the part of the musician. It really give you the peace of mind and complete relaxation.

evanbarrack, Jun 17, 2010
  8. pitterson

Delella

Hello..............

Classical music is the basis for all music we here today. Take rock music for example: Your basic rock or pop song is composed of a verse, then refrain, verse, refrain, bridge/modulation, refrain. This is pure music theory. By studying the music theory behind this simple formula, you will understand why the chords work the way they work, why they sound the way they do, and where the music can lead you. You can also learn alternative progressions, rather than just the standard I-IV-V-I progression.

On top of this, by knowing music theory, you will be able to look at any piece of music and be able to analyze it. For example, you will be able to tell where the bridge is by a quick glance, what the song sounds like, and also be able to easily find mistakes.

All the good rock, alternative and other popular musicians have a good sense of classical music. I know of many who have, or currently study classical music, and classical voice training, including Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, Cyndi Lauper, Christina Aguilera, and Billie Joe Armstrong (Lead for Green Day). They have spoken numerous times about the value of knowing about classical music and theory.

Delella, Aug 17, 2010
  9. pitterson

princepratt13

I am not very sure but try to listen to "Die Fledermaus" by Johann Strauss and see if it's the piece you're looking for. It's "bouncy" and I think I heard it on a Tom and Jerry EP. I also remember there was an episode where Tom was a pianist playing Hungarian.

princepratt13, Sep 8, 2010
  10. pitterson

jammydoug

Hi
    What is a good classical music piece that expresses beauty in simple things, and is optimistic"?I am making a slide show of nature photographs set to classical music for a class. I am looking for a classical music piece that expresses the beauty in simple thing, is optimistic (maybe in a major key), and possibly changes to a minor key at the end (the changing of seasons). I will have to write a paper on why I chose the piece and was hoping I could find something that went along with the changes of seasons, and could relate to the simple beauty of the scenery in my photographs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jammydoug, Sep 23, 2010
  11. pitterson

amdismal

[​IMG]

amdismal, Oct 3, 2010
Ask a Question