reasonably listenable stuff on DVD-A

Discussion in 'General Music' started by Rory, May 12, 2004.

1. Rory

Rory satisfied

yep, Britney Spears' new album and Seal IV are available from 15 May on play.com for £10.99 and £12.99 respectively. I know some of the tracks on both albums on mp3 sound fantastic; can't wait to hear the sound quality of all of the tracks on this fantastic format
    They are both at 24/96 resolution too- not quite the 24/192 of one of my dvd-a releases, but as I said , should sound very tight and rhythmic :)

Also noted David Gray's current album is on the DVD-A list too.... these new high bandwidth formats seem promising :)

Rory, May 12, 2004
  2. Rory

mr cat Member of the month

mr cat, May 12, 2004
  3. Rory

Rory satisfied

less dodgy, more eclectic i'd like to think

Rory, May 13, 2004
  4. Rory

midlifecrisis Firm member

off topic but noticed the combination of Ipswich and Freeview on your details - I've been periodically checking the freeview website to see if Ipswich has come into coverage but it keeps telling me not yet; presumably you are getting coverage?!

midlifecrisis, May 14, 2004
  5. Rory

Rory satisfied

yup, but i had to get a new aerial- its a Maxview 48 element jobbie from B&Q @ £28.

I also got a new freeview box in lieu of my old ex-ITV digital one which got me a load more stations too :D

I work in Bennetts, MLC and we do a 7 day moneyback if you can't get Freeview/if you're not happy with it, but generally speaking if you can get Channel 5, then you'll be able to get all the stations provided, as i said, you get a decent box. The Sony VTXS800 @ £118 we have downstairs is the best at the moment, my Philips @ £90 is not far behind

Rory, May 14, 2004
  6. Rory

midlifecrisis Firm member

Thanks for the info - I got the Sony from Bennetts this afternoon - works fine; so much for the freeview website...

midlifecrisis, May 15, 2004
Ask a Question